I only suggest products or services I have used myself or have come highly recommended by people that I know personally, and will periodically update this page when I find something cool and worth sharing. This will include tools and resources, author-centric courses, interesting and/or useful articles from other authors, or just something awesome I think you’ll love.
Please expect that some of the links are affiliate links which means I get a tiny percentage of the sale if you wish to complete the purchase. The continued authenticity of Whispering Ink is extremely important to me.
I hope you find these suggestions useful! Let me know if you have something you think should be included – I’m always on the lookout for new tools or hacks, great articles and resources that are helpful!
Thanks for visiting Whispering Ink – Kim.
Publisher Rocket (Also known as KDP Rocket)
- I love this tool, it’s almost like peeking at presents before Christmas. Publisher Rocket gives us the means to identify keywords for meta data, sales copy, and paid advertising. A must have for authors.
SELL MORE BOOKS WITH AMAZON BOOK ADS – 5 Day Free Course!
Learn this and more and all free:
- Create your Amazon Marketing Services account in minutes
- Identify dozens of relevant books and keywords to target for maximum reach
- Set up your first ad campaign so you can start selling more books
- Understand the AMS dashboard so you’ll know exactly how you’re doing
- Test and optimize your campaigns so they convert at their highest potential
- Advertising for Authors is the premier social media advertising course specifically crafted for writers. This advanced course brings you hours of tuition as you learn everything you need to know to create and serve powerful ads on the main social media networks to find new readers and sell your books. If you already have the basics, but want to turbo charge your writing career and results, then this is the course for you. (Suitable for intermediate to advanced levels, fiction and non-fiction.)
- Self Publishing 101 is an extensive course with everything you need to know from the moment you type THE END on your manuscript. It’s a straightforward easy-to-follow guide that will take all the guesswork out of how to publish your book and to get your indie author career off to the best possible start. (Suitable for beginner to intermediate levels, fiction and non-fiction.)
- If you’re considering going “wide” I recommend Draft2Digital as an easy way to get your ebook into multiple retailers. Draft2Digital also has a great formatting tool available.
- Email is the perfect way for staying connected with your audience. Confession – I am relatively new to Aweber. I have previously used Mailchimp and Mailerlite, which is great because I’m able to compare the quality of each provider. Aweber outshines them all – they’re simple easy to use and offer so many features that doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out. Oh, and they’re customer support is outstanding!
- An excellent alternative to email for teams.