TV is like the modern equivalent of oral storytelling. Watching TV is a fast way to get a story injection. When stories are your mojo, it’s important to keep your finger on the pulse of popular culture – the incredible writing portrayed in some of today’s TV series bridges the gap for the modern storyteller.
Kim and Catherine discuss some of their old favourite’s as well as the benefits of TV shows for the modern author.
How do TV series and movies impact your writing?
Links: (This was fun grabbing these links – K.)
- Mr Ed Theme: https://youtu.be/6GAbc5uQXJo
- Beverly Hillbillies Theme Song: https://youtu.be/NwzaxUF0k18
- Bewitched Theme Song: https://youtu.be/oOOFdNWPP04
- I dream of Jeannie theme song: https://youtu.be/szECpTGoXFk
- Dukes of Hazzard Theme song: https://youtu.be/sMI6etur0d4
- The Addams Family Theme Song: https://youtu.be/ZZ5IWRz78DY
Thanks for joining in on our conversations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Creative Writing Energy on your preferred podcast platform or YouTube, so you’ll be notified when our episodes become available.
If you like what we’re doing and want to get involved, head over to our Patreon page where, for as little as a dollar a month you can support us and gain access to bonus content: https://www.patreon.com/creativewritingenergy
- Creative Writing Energy MasterMind: https://whisperinginkpress.com/cwe-mastermind/
- Grab your copy of Creative Writing Energy for less than a dollar: https://books2read.com/u/mBQDxk
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/energy_writing
- Events: WriteHive Writer Convention 2020: https://whisperinginkpress.com/resources-for-writers/events/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcGKP-BUX2F-_ck0lhfXrjA