Today I am delighted to bring you a special guest; She is talented author to 6 fabulous mystery novels, due to release 2 more great books this year and a USA Today Best Selling Author. She is a pleasure to know and has wonderfully agreed to answer a few questions: Beth Prentice!
- When did you write your first book and what inspired you to write it?
I wrote my first book 5 years ago. My mum used to tell me stories of how she grew up in London in World War 2. My Grandma was a funny quirky lady and the stories Mum would tell me were scary as they all involved her house being bombed, but the things my Grandma did in those situations was often hysterical. I knew that those stories needed to be written. I haven’t got that far yet as I got a little bit distracted with the fiction that I’m writing, but my Grandma and her crazy ways has definitely made it into my stories
- How did publishing your first book change your process of writing?
I now have deadlines to meet, lol. Which in all honesty is a good thing for me as I tend to procrastinate for way to long!
- Does writing energize or exhaust you?
It can do both. If I have a new idea or story that comes to me it will energize me, but if my deadline is looming and I’m nowhere near where I need to be, then it can be a little bit exhausting.
- What is your writing Kryptonite?
The pressure of my To Do list! I need to cross things off that list before I can even begin to start writing. But prioritising is important, otherwise I’d never get any writing done, lol.
- What was the best money you ever spent as a writer?
The fee I paid to my proofreader/editor. They’re all totally underrated as far as I’m concerned
- What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters from the opposite sex?
Understanding their thought patterns. It’s really easy to make them stereotypical.
- When you discovered Killer Unleashed made the USA Today Best Selling Author list, how did you celebrate?
I ran around the house screaming happily
- What are you working on now?
I’ve just finished the edits on two books. Deadly Tails is the sequel to Killer Unleashed, and Lethal Tide is the sequel to Deadly Wipeout. I’m now starting a new novel about Tilly, who inherits a farm from an aunt she never knew she had.
- What is the first book that made you cry? PS I Love you – not the one by Cecilia Ahearn (even though that made me cry also!). This one was part of a series of teenage romance books called Sweet Dreams. The male lead died and I was heart broken
- If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?
Start writing at an earlier age. I never realized how much I would love it!
Want to know more about Beth? Visit her website here